History

1947

Founding by Dipl. Kaufmann Dr. Heinrich Schneider. The “Dr. Heinrich Schneider Optotechnische Fabrik” initially produces exclusively high-quality ophthalmic lenses under the brand name Dr. Schneider (DS).

1973

The owners of the present-day parent company, Allit AG Kunststofftechnik, acquire the company that since then has operated under the name Dr. Heinrich Schneider Messtechnik GmbH. The new production programme – profile and measurement projectors – heralds the rise of the company.

1976

The company moves to the Rotlay-Mühle site.

1984

Expansion into foreign markets starts, an important step towards internationalisation.

1996

Certification in accordance with ISO 9001.

1997

The SKM product group marks the successful combination of optical and tactile measurement techniques.

2001

Schneider Messtechnik receives the Q 1 award from the Ford-Werke.

2002

Move to a larger company building at the Rotlay-Mühle site. Certification in accordance with ISO 9001/2000.

2007

60 years of Dr. Heinrich Schneider Messtechnik

2009

Official opening of the new office and production facilities, new distinctive logo as brand mark. Award as TOP100 Innovator among German small and medium-sized enterprises,

2010

Award as TOP100 Innovator among German small and medium-sized enterprises – we were among the top companies again in the following year.

2013

Success 2013 – the company receives the Innovation Prize of the State of Rhineland-Palatinate.

2015

Certification in accordance with ISO 9001/2008.

2016

Acquisition and integration of Unger Software Systeme GmbH - Schneider Messtechnik is now one of the top addresses when it comes to automation and Industry 4.0.

2017

Another jubilee – 70 years of Dr. Heinrich Schneider Messtechnik